CAREERS > TEAM DRIVERS
What our drivers are saying
"We really enjoy the family atmosphere here. You are not a number
or just a tool they use to get the job done, you are a person. Everyone
here is so friendly and approachable. When we leave, it will be to retire.
You couldn’t ask for a better carrier to drive for!"
KIM & DAN ROESCH: TEAM DRIVERS FOR 3 ½ YEARS
SM FREIGHT Teams can earn up to $.57 cents per mile PLUS:
- $.05 cents per mile paid for deliveries to NYC and Philadelphia ($.10 cents per mile per Team) PLUS a $75.00 premium paid for all deliveries into NYC ($150.00 per team)
- $10.00 paid for loading and unloading
($20.00 per team including first and last)
- $15.00 paid for same location loading / unloading
($30.00 per team)
- $4.25 paid for border crossings if FAST approved
($8.50 per Team – both ways)
- $105.00 paid each team member for layovers
- $4.25 paid for trailer washouts (Blue Beacon, etc.)
($8.50 per Team)
- $10.00 paid for Meat Inspections
($20.00 per Team)
- $18.00 paid hourly after 2 hours to each team member for detention time
- Orientation / Transition pay of $500.00 per team member to be paid on first pay settlement following starting date
- Benefits available after completing the 90 day probationary period
- After 90 days we offer a GRSP program (Group Registered Savings Plan) for drivers to participate in, and after 1 year of service there is a DPSP program (Deferred Profit Sharing Plan) where the company will match contributions
- All trucks are equipped with Qualcomm satellite units for communication between the drivers and dispatch and are equipped for E-logs
Please note: The above base rate is dependent on the driver having 6 months verifiable over the road experience. Slightly lower rates on a graduated scale will apply up to the 1st year mark.
Dedicated trucks – no “slip seating”
Fleet consists of 2015 and newer power units with automatic transmissions and added amenities including company paid satellite radio to aid in the drivers’ comfort while on the road.